A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In the highly visible role of Vice President Administrative Services Organization you will have the opportunity to lead standardization of work processes and ensure optimal utilization of available tools and resources. You will provide oversight of regulatory driven process and collaborate with division leaders to develop and implement programs to achieve optimal operational performance. We are in search of a collaborative, strategic, visionary leader to refine the processes we have built and take them to the next level. You will be an experienced leader with a proven track record in execution and influence at the highest level, as we are transforming as an organization in innovation.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position directs the operations of the Administrative Services Organization (ASO) and provides executive leadership to the Insurance Division, supporting the Division President and entity CEO's. Will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high performing efficient and effective ASO service organization ensuring compliance with AHCCCS, AZ Administrative Code, AZ Department of Insurance CMS Regulations and payer delegated duties to Banner Health
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Will be responsible for working the ASO Executive team and the Insurance Division Executive team in making recommendations for operational changes and performance improvements to meet, maintain, and improve overall financial and operational performance. This includes leading the development and oversight of the population health services organization (PHSO) to ensure alignment to Insurance Division, BUHP, BNC and BHN requirements, as well as alignment as appropriate to Banner Health entities impacted by ASO services.
2. Lead standardization of work process across lines of business ensuring efficient and effective use of resources. Creates alignment between ASO operational units and Insurance Division entities through shared participation on entity committees as appropriate. Oversee development, management and adherence of/to Service Level Agreement structures between entities aligned to regulatory and operational requirements of success.
3. Ensures that ASO operations are of a community standard that would allow services to be contracted to outside parties as a "service for sale" third party arrangement.
4. Work in collaboration with the IT senior leadership to ensure optimal utilization of available tools, ongoing assessment of best practice tools, and achievement of organizational efficiencies appropriate to the level of investment in operations based technology.
5. Provide oversight of regulatory driven processes ensuring performance meets the standards of AHCCCS, CMS, AZ DOI and Delegation Partner agreements between Payers and Banner Health.
6. Provide support to Insurance Division President and related Insurance Division Executives related to growth and diversification opportunities. Drives the strategic development, oversight and leadership of the ASO and Ins Division, advancing the programs provided by the ASO and strategic programs across the Insurance Division.
7. Works to identify areas amenable to optimizing use of Insurance Division Funds. Collaborates with divisional leaders to develop and implement programs to achieve optimal operational performance.
8. This highly complex role has leadership responsibility for the system-wide performance and operations of the health network. Scope of responsibility includes leading operational planning, consistent with organizational priories, to identify and reach short and long-term goals. This position also has overall budgetary responsibility for the administrative functions. This position requires the skill to negotiate and influence. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and/or the community.
Must possess a strong knowledge in management as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree business, healthcare or related field, coupled with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in a complex, managed care administration and/or population health management environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; CPA; SPHR; JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Seven years of director level experience in healthcare management, with at least five years of experience in either managed care, commercial insurance, accountable care organization operations is required. Must have knowledge of operational quality improvement processes. Must have knowledge of the requirements of national/state accrediting agencies, such as NCQA, HEDIS, Medicare (CMS) and Medicaid (AHCCCS). Experience in Medicare and Medicaid managed care clinical and utilization management is required. Must be able to demonstrate successful experience and program development/improvement in health plan operations. Experience in Medicare/AHCCCS Compliance programs is desirable. Proven track record of partnering with providers, community and organizational leaders to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in quality and member safety. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the Insurance Division products, partners, and organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with providers, regulators, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to members, families, employees and providers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.