Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our AdministrativeMedical Assistant , we dedicate our time to assure the patient charts are free from irregularities, which resolves around the mission, vision and values of Banner Health. Banner Health uses Cerner, and our Administrative Medical Assistants utilize Microsoft Office too. Major part of this role is ACO Measurements through Medicare. Bring your healthcare knowledge, expertise, and love of helping patients to Banner! ** This position does require a Medical Assistant schooling certificate as a minimum qualification**
**Position does require a Medical Assistant Certificate**
Come join the Sun City West Team as a fulltime Administrative Medical Assistant!! This position is part of a great team covering the West Valley. Currently the work schedule is Mon- Fri 7:30a-3:30p** If Medical Assistant certification is not currently in possession, it must be obtain within 6 months of employment.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing administrative tasks (indirect care) that support the care team in providing direct medical care. This position utilizes the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and external resources or tools to provide a complete assessment of the patient's health status, which includes identifying care gaps prior to the patient encounter. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and communication skills to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner. Patient outreach is a critical component of this position, highlighting the medical background and communication skills necessary.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs chart prep prior to a scheduled patient visit to ensure care is coordinated.
2. Identifies any care gaps based on preventative and maintenance care guidelines by obtaining test and results from community organizations, health plans, facilities and specialists. Utilizes evidence based guidelines and standing orders as appropriate.
3. Utilizes EHR to provide outreach for patients in respective preventative care, chronic care, specific medications, high risk patients, and those not seen recently in the clinic.
4. Runs reports and actively works them to close care gaps. Communicates findings to care team prior to or during daily huddle.
5. Reviews performance with care team and identifies areas for improvement based on results of clinical performance. Monitors improvement efforts and provides input on how to meet goals.
6. Maintains clinical skills and provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Completes all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
7. This position works under general supervision. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician's offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and or family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Medical Assistant Certification is required. If certification is not in hand at the time of hire, individuals will have 6 months from the date of hire to obtain certification. BLS certification required.
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.