Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
**Please note- this is a delivery position in the West Valley that will move between different facilities
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides pharmaceutical care in the retail, outpatient setting. Responsible for the accurate dispensing of prescription medication from the pharmacy and maintaining records according to state and federal regulations. Provides counseling, consultation with other practitioners, family members, and caregivers, to help ensure that medication dispensed is ordered, and used as appropriately and effectively as possible. Oversees the activities of the pharmacy technicians, coordinates workflow and verifies all medications prior to being dispensed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Fills prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner. Reviews and verifies or enters orders into the medication management information system. Assures that orders present no significant problems in regard to drug interactions, incompatibilities, therapeutic duplications or patient safety. Performs immunization administration upon patient request.
2. Supervises and directs work of pharmacy technicians. Coordinates medication preparation and distribution work of the pharmacy technicians and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications for distribution.
3. Provides counseling to patients, families, or caregivers regarding their medications, to support appropriate and effective drug use. Provides accurate, appropriate and timely information to physicians, nurses, patients and others regarding medication therapy, drug product guidelines, law and regulations, medication formulary and other topics related to medication use and control.
4. Supervises the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy that may include inventory maintenance, interactions with insurance companies, and accurate and appropriate record keeping.
5. Consults with prescribing practitioners to help ensure accurate and appropriate medication use. Reviews medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness. Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with the medication orders as needed.
6. Oversees all aspects of medication use, including (1) selection, procurement and storage, (2) dispensing, (3) monitoring of all medications utilized. External customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Physicians, other health care staff, local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires pharmacy licensure in the state of practice and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Pharmacy licensure. Immunization certification and/or licensure (if state requires) in state of practice required within 6 months of hire. Must possess current CPR.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, and Microsoft applications.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.