Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Banner University Health Plans provides interesting job opportunities where you will learn something new each day. At BUHP, we work hard to improve the lives of our members. We believe in member-centric care and go above and beyond for our members.
Banner University Health Plans is currently seeking a fulltime Pharmacy Population Health Associate Director. The Pharmacy Department is responsible for managing the pharmacy benefit including formulary management, drug utilization review, development and implementation of clinical programs, reviewing and processing prior authorization requests, as well as providing pharmacy services for internal and external customers. This role will require a leader who will be confident in multi-tasking. This will include effective leading of an operations team in multiple locations, leading and growing assigned population health management activities, and working with internal and external payer relationships to demonstrate value of our programs and initiatives. You will have strong growth potential, and great opportunity to help expand Banner's managed care teams and capabilities. We are a dedicated team working diligently to build and expand our Utilization Management functions across multiple payers.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
This position is responsible for providing managerial and leadership support for Pharmacy's Population Health programs and staff. Plans, directs, monitors, evaluates, and improves the provision of population-health pharmacy services; including but not limited to system and plan performance in assigned business areas. Assures adequate staffing according to workload while maintaining expected productivity levels. Develops standards of work performance, orientation and training programs. Promotes and demonstrates effective inter-disciplinary collaboration. Ensures the functions of the department are consistent with policies and procedures. Responsible for maintaining robust policies and procedures, clinical tools, and resources. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
1. Responsible for oversight of routine operations of Pharmacy Population Health Services. Provides leadership and direction to the pharmacy staff; including pharmacists and residents, pharmacy interns, pharmacy technicians, and support staff. Promotes positive relations and actively contributes to a supportive work environment. Fosters a team environment within the department and various services across the system. Participates as a pharmacy preceptor (students and residents) and, as assigned, member of the Residency Advisory Council.
2. Leads the recruitment, selection, orientation, competency assessment and evaluation of assigned employees. Serves as a change agent, role model, and facilitator for education, professional development and research. Fosters ongoing career development for assigned employees.
3. Manages assigned population health management activities; including but not limited to clinical quality programs and services, member engagement activities, provider outreach and engagement activities, utilization and medical management functions, customer service functions, data management/manipulation, and coordination with a variety of care providers, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, care managers, and other members of the healthcare team. Operates within the budgetary guidelines of the department/system. Accountable for financial stewardship by monitoring appropriate fiscal controls and resources, equipment and supplies. Plans efficient and effective utilization of resources.
4. Participates in the development and revision of assigned programs and services and leads Quality Improvement efforts for population health pharmacy services. Leads the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department. Implements decisions of the appropriate oversight committees including but not limited to Pharmacy and Therapeutics Clinical Consensus Groups related to population health. Monitors and ensures compliance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures, Federal and State laws, and regulatory agency standards. Investigates and initiates the resolution of customer complaints.
5. Serves as a professional resource in facilitating inter-disciplinary practice and communication. Provides pharmacy representation and leadership on pharmacy, system, and external committees related to population health pharmacy services.
6. Provides leadership, expectations and oversight of the member experience. Assures practitioners are providing service excellence and recovery in alignment with the organization. Participates in monitoring and quality improvement activities associated with this aspect of care.
7. Participates in the day-to-day duties of the Population Health Clinical Pharmacist and associated job duties. Time devoted to direct patient care may vary by assigned areas of responsibility.
Doctorate in Pharmacy degree or another advanced degree in pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Requires current pharmacy licensure in the state of practice within 90 days of hire. Completion of a PGY1 accredited pharmacy residency or equivalent clinical pharmacy experience.
Three years of experience within the ambulatory care, managed care, or population health management environment.
Requires demonstrated leadership ability. Requires demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective communication and working relationships with staff, physicians, patients and their families. Excellent organizational, human relations and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, Microsoft applications and electronic health records.
Master of Business Administration (MBA). Completion of a PGY2 accredited pharmacy residency program or equivalent previous clinical pharmacy experience in Managed Care, Health-System Pharmacy Administration, or Ambulatory setting.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.