Under general supervision and in accordance with the accreditation standards of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, participates in a concentrated post graduate training program in hospital pharmacy practice involving the following areas: Direct Patient Care, Ambulatory Patient Care, Drug Information and Drug Use Policy, and Practice Management.
1. Participates in structured practical experience in departmental administration, ambulatory patient services, inpatient drug distribution and control, informational and educational services, budget and finance, continuous quality improvement and drug policy development.*
2. Assists in the provision of management services within the department.*
3. Assists in the analysis and development of financial reports and in the budget preparation process.*
4. Participates in pharmaceutical and supply purchasing, and inventory control.*
5. Assists with the management of human resources including development of job descriptions, employee interviews, hiring, evaluation, orientation and training.*
6. Develops, provides and participates in community service projects, clinical and/or administrative research, conference and other scholarly activities as appropriate.*
7. Participates in the development and implementation of patient education as well as lecture/in- service program for physicians, pharmacists, nurses and other health care practitioners.*
8. Assists in providing clinical experience for pharmacy students and interns.*
9. Performs pharmacist responsibilities including, but not limited to, medication dispensing, drug therapy consults, pharmaceutical care services, overseeing and monitoring the activities of students and support staff as assigned.*
10. Participates in acute care, ambulatory/primary care, and other patient care areas as requested.*
11. Assists in development of workload measurement and analysis, and documents the impact of pharmaceutical care services on the optimization of drug therapy.*
12. Participates in the provision of DI services, and serves as a resource for professionals pursuing the goal of safe, appropriate, and cost-effective drug therapy for patients.*
13. Adheres to system, hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.*
14. Participates in other projects or service areas deemed appropriate to the objectives of the training program.*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. Doctorate of Pharmacy.
2. Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
3. Membership in the American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists within 90 days of hire date.
4. Registered Pharmacist and Controlled Substance licensures in the State of Michigan obtained within 3 months of entry into job.
1. A thorough understanding of the pharmacologic, sociologic, and management principles necessary to assist in the safe, effective utilization of drugs by patients.
2. Effective interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work productively with patients, physicians, families, and a variety of hospital personnel.
Interest, initiative, independence, and ability to provide specialized patient care services
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005013722
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.