Under general supervision, provides a wide variety of routine and specialized payroll related clerical functions. Processes and maintains payroll records for automated payroll systems for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center. Prepares and processes specialized payroll calculations such as garnishments, as well as maintaining components of the payroll system such as leave of absence payments and so forth.
1. Assists in processing payrolls for all hourly & salaried employees for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center.
2. Processes payroll by summarizing payroll hours from department timesheets, applying appropriate policy, calculating alternative scheduling contracts and special differentials, reviewing and validating timesheets, and distributing paychecks.
3. Conducts "file maintenance" on employee payroll and benefit records by inputting changes or uploading files (i.e. pay changes, terminations, leave of absence, additions, deductions, flexible benefits, etc.) into payroll system for processing.
4. Process specialized payroll calculations such as shared employment scheduling, special payments, retro pay adjustments, etc. Monitors employees on a LOA to ensure coding of timecards is completed and accurate processing of payroll.
5. Performs manual related payroll activities such as researching and analyzing employee data for satisfying court orders, wage verifications, unemployment, workers compensation, pensions, etc. for multiple Detroit Medical Center operating units.
6. Prepares and process manual checks for vacation, retro payments and pay adjustments. Assists with communicating tax changes to current and incoming Residents.
7. Reviews payroll results weekly and identifies and communicates inaccuracies. Takes appropriate actions to correct overpayments/shortages by processing submitted adjustments. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
8. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
9. Ability to obtain information and explain payroll policies and procedures.
10. Generates reports from various system applications and reporting writing tools.
11. Promotes guest relations & provides customer service in a courteous and timely manner. Treats others with care and respect while maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
12. As needed, recommends new and innovative approaches to ensure the highest efficiency of tasks. Makes effective and objective decisions regarding task priorities and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and weighed in order to maximize performance, accuracy, productivity, and results.
13. Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. PCA/PCT Program
b. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctor's office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
d. EMT program.
e. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred.
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office clerical (e.g. insurance verification, authorizations, medical billing, EMR usage) duties in a doctor's office or related area.
6. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105008557
About DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.