Banner has created the new Banner Pharmacy Services division to consistently provide excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management.
Banner Health is improving medication management and providing more convenient access to pharmacy services for patients by launching a new Banner Pharmacy Services division. The new division includes a Banner Family Pharmacy network, Specialty Pharmacy and a Compounding Pharmacy Center and will ensure improved care and services for patients and provide opportunities for cost savings through an integrated operational approach to pharmacy services throughout Banner.
The Banner Family Pharmacy includes a network of retail pharmacies placed within Banner Health hospitals and larger Banner Medical Group (BMG) health centers to provide patients with more convenient access to pharmacy services and medications. Banner Health pharmacists provide counseling to improve outcomes, limit side effects and negative drug interactions and recommend cost-effective alternative medications.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
POSITION SUMMARY This position exists to assure the regulatory integrity and financial success of the 340b program. Additionally, plans, designs, implements and maintains a system pharmacy 340b program including related policies, procedures and processes to assure regulatory and financial success of the program. Works with the Covered Entities to assure the program achieves its intended purpose, which is to stretch scarce Federal resources as far as possible. As the subject matter expert, the incumbent stays current with all regulations, trends and issues related to 340b. By working closely with the Pharmacy Compliance Program Director, aligns 340b program compliance, auditing and reporting with overall Pharmacy Compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for the integrity and compliance of the 340b Program. Develops, implements and overseers program development and improvement, to ensure the integrity and compliance of the program. Responsible for prioritization, assignment, and evaluation of required work. Oversees development and refinement of monitoring and auditing responsibilities and tools. Work collaboratively with Pharmacy Compliance and external agency or contractor's activities for compliance assessment.
2. Oversight of the routine review and monitor of all points of service where 340b participation occurs to ensure policies and procedures are followed, entities qualify, and all encounters qualify under the regulations. Responsible for the routine data monitoring and related reports from each participating area or entity to ensure consistent processes are followed and to continually improve related policies and procedures for 340b throughout the institution. Contributes to the in development, training and education. This includes participating in the preparation of presentation materials designed specifically to communicate and promote the understanding of the 340b program including regulations, laws, compliance and consequences for noncompliance, as well as delivering the training programs throughout the system.
3. Based upon site and compliance auditing results, ensure software and tools are working properly and accurately. Provide timely communication with both internal and external sources concerning 340B compliance issues. Assist with development and implementation/completion of action plans.
4. Develop, manage and maintain relationships with 340b third-party vendors (hospital split-billing and contract pharmacy solutions).
5. Implement the 340b program in new covered entities and with various contract pharmacies. Responsible for managing contracts, communications, reporting and compliance.
6. Work directly with manufacturers as well as through GPO and peer professional relationships to determine companies that are contracting with inpatient facilities to offer 340B or equivalent pricing and develop strategies to maximize participation. Each quarter, perform a thorough review of the 340B pricing list, searching for costly changes that can be detected and quickly addressed. Monitors all outpatient points of services to continually look for additional qualified areas where 340B may be used. Ensure all 340B facilities are benefiting from the 340B program.
7. Maintain a high level of integrity and overall knowledge on all aspects of program, achieving annual performance goals associated with savings and prescription qualification. Assist with maintenance of Compliance Scorecard and communicate with Compliance Team any issues that need to have corrective action plans developed and initiated.
8. Performs other responsibilities as requested by the VP of Pharmacy Services or the Pharmacy Senior Director of Acute Care.
Basic understanding of 340b Program. Must possess strong project planning skills and problem solving skills. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with senior management team, physicians and federal and state governing bodies. Must also possess highly effective negotiating skills to communicate and interact with senior management team and physicians.
Excel, Word, Email, excellent customer service skills.
Experience with MacroHelix and/or Wellpartner splitter software. Experience working with 340b compliance.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 01/26/2020
Internal Number: R13047
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.