The Patient Services Specialist III (PSS III) performs a range of expert-level intake and associated administrative services pertaining to patients being admitted to the treatment facility or receiving outpatient services to include collecting co-pays and deposits, scheduling follow-up appointments, and ordering diagnostic tests as directed.
The Patient Services Specialist III will also have responsibility for the following:
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing.
- Inputs patient registration information into computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support.
- Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required.
- Analyze unpaid third-party claims and delinquent accounts to determine appropriate follow-up actions to ensure payment.
- Acts as a mentor to other department PSS employees and provides training on application, website and other resources.
The ideal Patient Service Representative III (PSS III) candidate is organized, detail-oriented and shows a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
Internal Number: 20008173
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!