Under limited supervision, prepares or is responsible for all hot foods requiring on-premises preparation for cafeteria, and special events. Assists with daily clean-up, washes pans and performs routine monthly and weekly cleaning of assigned areas.
1. Prepares hot food items as indicated on daily production sheet in amounts needed, according to standardized recipes and safe food handling practices. Utilizes kitchen equipment such as convention ovens, slicers and steam kettles.
2. Clean and sanitizes assigned work area.
3. Cleans and maintains small and large kitchen equipment.
4. Follows up on proper storage and refrigeration of food.
5. Assists in food production planning.
6. Provides back-up services to the patient tray line and cafeteria throughout the day when needed. This may include set-up or serving in cafeteria and tray assembly.
7. Participates in in-service programs as planned by Nutrition Services Department.
8. Complies with and/or implements the "We Care" program philosophy as well as all Hospital, health, human relations, safety, Personnel and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines and meets all licensing and accreditation requirements.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications>
1. High school diploma or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education and/or experience. Vocational training in Culinary Arts preferred.
2. Six months of prior institutional or catering business cooking experience, or two years of experience in quantity food preparation.
1. Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations, make recipe extensions, follow standardized recipes, understand portion control and evaluate prepared food according to criteria set by Nutrition Services Department.
2. Communications kills to speak and write effectively.
3. Interpersonal skills to direct other Nutrition Services workers when necessary.
4. Knowledge of operation and maintenance of food production equipment in the kitchen.
5. Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
6. Quantity food production skills.
Job: Food Service/Preparation/Dietary
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâs or employeeâs race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.